©Kirton News 2017

Kirton Parish Council Meeting Minutes
- October 2017

Public Forum

No residents attended

Chairman’s comments

Cllr Danby stepped in for the Chairman in his absence.

Cllr Danby reported that after the recent visit/stop over by the travellers, a meeting was held at Duckworths (attended by Cllrs Lee and Danby, Alistair Humphries (LCC), and businessmen who have businesses on the industrial site met to discuss the issues that the travellers keep causing. It was decided that the businesses will fund soil mounds/trenches to the perimeter of the site to make getting vehicles onto the site difficult if not coming by the roadway. A barrier will also be put on site at the Avalon Road entrance. The soil moving has already started. There is still a lot of rubbish left on site. As it is LCC land, they are responsible. Clerk to ask if fly tipping will collect and Cllr Austin to chase LCC to get it collected. Hopefully the double approach will get it cleared.

Cllr Danby reminded members that as it comes into the busy period for the Parish Council with Last Night of the Proms, Remembrance Sunday, Pensioners Party, Carol concert etc coming up, it needs to be all hands on deck.

Nothing has been heard as yet on the Middlegate development appeal.

Apologies for absence and reason given

Cllrs I Turner, J Edwards, R Foster sent their apologies and reasons for absence which were accepted by the Council.

Receipt of any declarations of interest in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011, and to consider any written requests for dispensations in relation to members’ disclosable pecuniary interests.

Cllr Lee – Town Hall – daughter on committee

Cllr Bemrose – Town Hall – mother is Chairman

Cllrs Rylott and Ransome – Planning – both are on the Planning Committee at Borough.

Approval of the minutes of the previous meeting

It was resolved that the notes of the meeting held on the 21st September 2017, previously circulated, should be recorded as the minutes.

Police Matters

PCSO Williams reported that there had been 5 crimes reported since the last meeting:

1 x ABH in the Churchyard – one suspect has been identified.

1 x theft – one suspect, arrest pending.

1 x damage to property – under investigation

2 x thefts from the Coop- 2 arrested.

Cllr Lee asked whether the Police were aware that the recent travellers were selling chainsaws and generators – PCSO Williams said, yes they were, and they were following this information up.

Report from the minutes of the previous meeting/Clerk’s report

a) Overgrown hedges over footpath (village side) along A16 – work now completed

b) Fault report update 101000226396 – overgrown hedges on Princess Road now completed

c) Site meeting held with Hampshire Flag to determine where to put the new flagpole. It was suggested that the best place would be the entrance to the Town Hall carpark near to the bin in the grassed area. This would mean no remedial work needed to the cobbled areas around the Town Hall.

Cllr Lee commented that he would have preferred if the flagpole was behind the Dennis Statue. The site visit by Hampshire Flag brought up that the statue could have been used as a climbing tool to get up the flag pole, plus the kerb was dropped behind the statue and the flag pole would block this access to the pavement. It was resolved to go with the recommendation of the flag pole company and put the flagpole at the entrance to the car park within the grassed area.

d) Potholes on Mill Lane, Kirton End reported to LCC ref 101000233773

e) The war memorial has had the two new names added to it.

Correspondence received which the Council are invited to resolve on

a) Boston Borough Council – council Tax Support Scheme Consultation – the Borough is not proposing to make any changes to the Council Tax Support Scheme for 2018/19 – consultation on the proposal is open.

Matters for the attention of Lincolnshire County Councillors/Boston Borough Councillors

Cllr Brookes reported that the flood report has now gone to all of the agencies within it. The County Council has already begun extra investigations and have identified funds to start work before Christmas this financial year - they will be using CCTV cameras within the identified areas. Not all observations from other agencies have yet been received. There is a lot of work still to be done.

Cllr Rylott informed members that Kirton Holme is looking to install a defibrillator in the recently adopted BT phone box. Cllr Hannay proposed £250 towards it – this was agreed by all. Cllr Rylott will see what funds are still needed and keep the council informed.

Planning applications:

B/17/0303 – Erection of boundary wall to front of property at Charnwood, 297 Willington Road, Kirton End – this has already been determined by Planning. GRANT

Cllr Ransome will query why this has already been determined when we are supposed to be consulted prior to decisions being made.

It was resolved that the clerk should email Planning to inform them (rather than phone as is the case now) that the Parish Council will not be able to make comments on an application – so that there is a record that they have received our request.

Accounts for payment

Accounts for Payment – as per payment sheet dated October 2017/18 (7 of 12)

It was resolved that the accounts should be paid as per the payment sheet.

Town Hall

Only one quote has still been received. Clerk to chase getting 2 more quotes.

The Town Hall committee now needs another representative from the Parish Council now that Cllr Carter has resigned. This is to be put on next month’s agenda.

Cemetery

The left hand hedge is due to be cut – Clerk to ask contractor to ensure that the top gets cut too as this sometimes gets left.

Cllr Lee reported moles at the end of the cemetery. Clerk to report to pest controller.

Reports for Various Bodies

Cllr Danby thanked Cllr Lee for organising the meeting held at Duckworths regarding the industrial park.

Cllr Hannay reported that he had looked at installing additional lights at the War Memorial and he did not think it was possible. The Xmas committee need to look at an alternative solution/idea.

Cllr Ransome has ordered the Xmas Tree for the war memorial area.

Parish matters
a) Inspection Rota –

Dykes still not cleared out round the park. Clerk to contact Black Sluice and ask when it is going to be done.

b. Reports from committee meetings held since last Council meeting.

Nothing further to report.

c. Speed signs – consider where to place the purchased speed signs.

Cllrs Hannay and Watson will put the signs up. (members gave their opinion as to where they should be put).

d. Consider whether to buy tools for Probation workers to get ‘free time’ in the village.

The probation services have offered a different agreement for next year. They want the Parish to buy tools which will cost approximately £200 less than the current agreement of 13 days’ worth of work. Members would be happy to accept this if it was written that the parish was guaranteed at least the 13 days. Clerk to go back to Probation Services and discuss this with them.

 

The Next meeting of
Kirton Parish Council is:-

Thursday 21st December
at The Upsall Room, Kirton Town Hall
Starting at 7.00pm prompt

 

Contact details for your local Councillors:

Chairman:
Cllr Ian Turner
Tel: 01205 723986

Vice Chairman:
Cllr David Danby
Tel: 01205 724650

Village Ward Members:

Cllr David Danby
Tel: 01205 724650
Email: danbydavid@yahoo.co.uk

Cllr Richard Foster
Tel: 01205 722306

Cllr Marcus Hannay
Tel: 0780 1986348
Email: m.hannay1@btinternet.com

Cllr Sue Ransome
Tel: 01205 311373
Email: sueransome@dransome.plus.com

Cllr Ian Turner
Tel: 01205 723986
Email: patrick1@patrick1.plus.com

Cllr Peter Watson
Tel: 01205 619885
Email: pmfwatson@talktalk.net

Cllr Rebecca Bemrose
Tel: 01205 624396
Email: rebecca.bemrose@aol.com

 

Holme Ward Members:

Cllr David Smith
Tel: 01205 290809
Email: smithsutton1@btinternet.com

Cllr Claire Rylott (and Borough)
Tel: 01205 290386
Email: claire.rylott@boston.gov.uk

Clerk:

Mrs Belinda Buttery
Tel: 01205 460618
Email: belindabuttery@hotmail.com

Cllr Michael Brookes (County)
Tel: 01205 820616
Email: cllrm.brookes@lincolnshire.gov.uk

Cllr Alison Austin (County)
Email: cllra.austin@lincolnshire.gov.uk

Cllr James Edwards (Borough)
Email: james.edwards@boston.gov.uk

Cemetery Manager:
Geoff Sharp
Tel: 01205 361634

The Parish Council office is open on Tuesday mornings between 9 and 11 am every week except for August when it is closed for the whole month. The office is in the Town Hall (entry via door next to the car park entrance).